Staff at Durants
At Durants our team of party and event professionals is working behind the scenes preparing for your successful event. As you will read in the bios below, Durants is comprised of seasoned event professionals. For example, we have a former chef, three former caterers, two florists, four event planners, and several entrepreneurs. We work together to create an event that is sure to exceed your expectations.
- » Glenn Lois
- born and raised in the Hudson Valley of New York, Glenn's family has for thirty years owned and operated one of the largest rental store chains in the United States. He acquired Durants in the early 90's and has since expanded the company five times over in multiple states. Glenn's goal is to provide clients with the highest quality equipment and service available with real value and have the company continue to grow and thrive in the years to come.
- » Susan Kennedy
- is a graduate of Suny New Paltz and has worked with Durants as their Controller/CFO
for over a decade. Her past experiences have been in public accounting,
corporate, governmental and non-profit agencies. Susan enjoys working with every facet of
the business and provides support to both the Durant’s team and the customer’s we serve.
Susan strongly believes that it is important to give back to her surrounding
community and is presently serving as VP and Treasurer of Walden Reformed Church and past President and currently a member of the CRVI board. A non-profit in the Rockland, Orange and Ulster counties. CRVI is a vibrant community, working and serving those living with disablities. Providing services and support to enable them to live a more enjoyable, independent life. www.crvi.org
- » Barbara Lombardozzi
- has managed the Wappingers Falls, NY location since its inception. Her 30 years of experience in event planning and catering has served her clientele well. As an active member of the Hudson Valley community, Barbara has chaired countless events where she established many lasting relationships. Barbara was the former owner & operator of an event coordinating and catering business called "Hands For Hire". This background affords Barbara an intimate knowledge of all phases of the event industry.
- » Marlene Ortiz
- the longest serving employee at Durants, Marlene has risen from production supervisor to store manager. She has experience in catering, food service, and self employment in the internet cafe industry. You are likely to see Marlene out in the field inspecting our largest tented affairs, offering advice to one of our department supervisors, or consulting with a bride & groom. She brings a wealth of knowledge about our product line. Marlene completed her ARA'S Certified Event Rental Professional (CERP) program in December of 2010. The CERP program marks the standard for the event rental industry. This certification, developed by rental industry experts, is an in-depth progarm for indivduals who seek an edge in the party and event industry. Feel free to contact her at our Ridgefield CT. location.
- » Darlene Karpel
- has been a sales manager at Durants in New York since it's inception. Dee has been in the event industry for the better part of twenty years, bringing energy, knowledge, and flair to her Hudson Valley clients. Dee has a great knowledge of our vast product line, and is frequently recognized from our clients for going the extra mile. Please call Dee for your next event.
- » Casey Cauchi
- a Johnson & Wales graduate and former promotions assistant for K104 radio station, Casey has lived in the Hudson Valley most of her life and is very familiar with the community. Casey quickly learned all aspects of our business, and works in both the front showroom as an consultant and back warehouse staging deliveries.
- » Lynne Morra
joined the Durants team in 2016. She is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park New York and has experience in the hospitality field for over 35 years. Lynne’s experience includes restaurant and hotels. She has worked in several states, New York, Texas, Delaware and Connecticut. She has gained knowledge in both front and back of the house. She is very familiar with the workings of a kitchen, waitstaff and working large events of 300 plus people. Working at Durants, she brings that background with her. Lynne is committed to helping people with their needs for their occasions from graduations to small weddings and assist the caterers in their requests for a successful event. Lynne currently lives in the Hudson Valley with her family.
- » John Regina
A CCSU graduate, and ten year veteran of the rental industry, John joined Durants as Assistant Manager in 2017. With a passion for organization, and commitment to meet or exceed client expectations, John is involved in many aspects of the rental business within his role in managing our growing Cheshire, CT location . During his off time, John is an avid reader and greatly enjoys hiking!